FAVOURITE CONTOURING PRODUCTS │♥│

4 comments
Some say that contouring is going out of fashion... some people hate it... I call bull shit to that. As a plus sized girl, I cannot get enough of contouring. With a brown powder I can transform my chubby cheeks and double chin into an Angelina Jolie-esque face shape. Not quite... but kind of. 

I've been playing around with contouring and highlighting for a little while now, and I have my own little collection of my favourite products. The most current favourite contouring product is a part of Cliniques chubby stick range, it is a product called the "Chubby stick- sculpting contour". It is just like the chubby sticks for the lips from Clinique - it has a little twisty bit at the bottom to push up product. At first I had no idea how to use this. I was using it over my foundation but a small amount of product just disappeared after blending, yet a large quantity of product seemed to spread all over my face after blending, and it made me extremely orange. I was just about to give up on this product when I decided to give it a try UNDER my foundation. I had no idea how this would work out, or look. But I love it! I go in with quite a heavy hand and contour all the relevant areas. Using the real techniques brush I blended over the cream contour - I didn't swirl it, I just went over the area with a brush to soften it up - i found that swirling it around your face just made the product go everywhere, making you look orange. Prior to adding the contour I primed my face, and after applying the product I put my foundation on top. I didn't use a standard foundation brush for this, I used a stippling brush. The reason I didn't use a foundation brush is because I felt as if it would drag away the product, but with a stippling brush you are basically just bouncing and tapping the brush over your face - not disturbing the contour. I have tested this out with both a light weight foundation, such as Maxfactors Skin Luminizer, and a heavy foundation such as Estee Lauders double wear. The contour looks more intense under a lighter foundation, but is still visible underneath a heavy wear foundation. This product comes in at £19 and is available on the clinique website and department stores/clinqiue contours. 




After I have applied my foundation and concealer, I like to go in and intensify my contour. This is totally optional and varies per person - it just depends how strong you like your contour. You're all probably bored of hearing about this product, but I love intensifying my contour with benefits Hoola bronzer. This is a fantastic cool toned bronzer which is famously used to contour with. With a light hand I use this product with the real techniques contour brush - I have two of these brushes - one for cream contour and another for powder contour. I reapply this product with a light hand all over the areas I cream contoured.  Hoola bronzer comes in at £23.50, directly from Benefit. The price can vary on which counter/store bought at. A cheaper but equally as brilliant contour set which I picked up a few months ago is Barry M's Chisel Cheeks contour kit. This comes in at £6.69 in Boots and contains a highlighter (which I am not the biggest fan of in this kit), a bronzer, and a cool toned powder which is the intended contour colour. The kit comes with a little how to guide, which makes it the perfect option for contouring beginners. I also like to apply this with the real techniques contour brush. One thing which I do not like about Barry M's contour kit is the packaging - it feels very flimsy and as you can see it can get very dirty very easily, although the contouring colour is very good and very well pigmented, and a full kit for under seven quid is an absolute bargain. 




Thank you for reading this blog post, happy contouring and all that stuff! xoxox
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments

  1. Great contour products! I've been wanting to try the Clinique chubby sticks, but I've hesitated switching from powder to cream.
    Kisses,
    Sarah
    http://everydaystarlet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply honey... I much prefer cream for a more natural day look! But I still love going heavy on contour with powder for evening looks! I really recommend this clinique chubby stick I am obsessed! xox

      Delete
  2. Never tried this. I'm fascinated by it though, I've always used bobbi brown's stick foundation to contour but i'll definitely be adding this to my list of things to try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for replying so late lovely! This product is fantastic, i'm not sure about the price of the bobbi brown one but this is only £19.50 so it is an absolute bargain buy, especially for counter make-up! x

      Delete

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig